Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Crazy Corn Maze

So last night we journeyed clear out to West Jordon and went to a Corn Maze!! Only because our other Maze options were : Thanksgiving Point, Pleasant Grove, and my personal favorite, stealing some littles and going to the pumpkin patch and mini maze in Farmington.

To say we had a fun time is an insult to the nights events. We had a riot! Between the boys shucking the corn and throwing it hither and thither, and my improve Dorothy meets a Jedi impersonations, it would be safe to say we had gotten lost, in so many ways...

Now the point to this maze -other than the obvious- was to find the numbered markers that when you discovered them had a obscure piece of trivia for you that would direct you were to go next. If it was True you went Left if it was False, you got it Right! This only aided in us getting lost, considering we went straight from 2 to 6.

Eventually we did find the exit, much to our indifference. We didn't really WANT to leave cause we were having a great time, but then again nothing can last forever and it was 10 on a week day.

I'll end my blog with some of my favorite corn maze moments:

(We stopped at Starbucks to get Apple Cider before going to the maze, thinking it would keep us nice and warm while we walked, both Jason and Grant finished theirs before ever entering the corn)
Grant: WOW Amber your hands are warm!!
Amber: Hello!! Apple CIDER!!
Jason: Amber, how long has your cider been cold?
Amber: a while

(This conversation came after another conversation about how many people had used the corn as a bathroom while being lost. A feat in which we were witnesses too.)
Amber: How many people do you think have wet themselves in the Haunted Corn Maze?
Jason: I don't think any have
Amber: Come on their scared AND lost!!
Grant: I think maybe a few
Amber: See he's optimistic!!
Jason: OK someone has probably wet themselves in the Haunted Maze
Amber: Good that makes me happy

(after see a group of teens waving around multi-colored light saber-esc flashlights)
Grant: I should have brought my light saber!!
Jason: You know my brother has all of them! The cool $100+ ones
Amber: NEAT then we could go around the maze like this *Amber doing a bad imitation of a Jedi fighting*

And lastly...

(coming out of a dead end that I was positive was deserted)
Amber: We should skip
Grant & Jason: No we shouldn't
Amber: Come on we can sing too
Grant: Go ahead
Amber: OK WE'RE OFF TO SEE--Holy Crap, Why did people have to show up right as I started singing

TO END I WANT TO DEFEND MYSELF, I DRANK A LOT OF APPLE CIDER ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. AND I"LL HAVE YOU KNOW I CARRIED THE CUP TO THE VERY END INSTEAD OF TOSSING IT IN THE CORN!! AND JASON AND GRANT SHOULD BE THANKING THEIR LUCKY STARS THAT I DIDN"T POUR SOME OF IT ON THEM BECAUSE I WAS DELIRIOUSLY CLOSE...

1 comment:

The Gale Family said...

sounds like you had a blast. Your blog is very very cute.