Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Failed Test.

So I've been conducting an experiment for the last 5 days, and so far it's not working.

See I'm a big, "do whatever I want" advocate. This leads me to do.. whatever I want! Dressing, eating, saying, doing, what have you. If I feel its funny, I'll do it, even if it means embarrassing myself. I do, however, usually have to pump myself up before going out in an interesting outfit, or doing something out of my normal shy characteristics.

Anyway, I've always wanted to wear, just one earring. One dangly one. Never have because.. it's not done. At least not outside of FF games and Anime. But I have recently acquired estranged earrings. One resides in the depths of one of my jewelry boxes, while the other is displayed hanging from a heart on my work monitor. (I'll have to post a picture of my monitor, it has a lot of stuff on it.)

I saw the one in my jewelry box, and the lighting bolt struck home. I put it in. Now, I didn't want to get the "Amber, you've lost an earring" reaction, so I put in a small stud on the other side.

Anyway, my fashion has been thus for the last few days, and no one has said anything. I've been with family, friends, church and out on the town. I'm now at work and I've yet to be confronted.

I'm finding it terribly amusing. I know that if someone has noticed, they haven't had the guts to tell me. Or bring it up, or say ANYTHING at all about my obsure fashion sense. So either they shake their heads and think I'm a loon (and they'd be close) or I'm a terrifying person.

.. um.. Grr...

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Okay, TOTALLY funny. I didn't even notice last night! I am a bit oblivious... :)

Jenn H. said...

Okay I did notice on Sunday I really did but I thought it might be some object lesson for your class so I didn't say anything! Maybe I should have. You are awesome!