Monday, November 14, 2011

Littles say the best things.

So this idea has been tickling my writers bug for a long time, and he finally called uncle and now I have to write it. (Little sell out)


So when I was a primary Teacher I learned many many things, most of them involving Spiderman. Some were vaguely Sunday school related, the rest complete and utter, wonderful, randomness.



I wrote a lot of them down, and was once going to publish it here, but decided I had other things to do.


Not anymore.

So if all goes as planned I'll have at least a monthly post about silly things Littles have said to me (I call children: Littles, because they're littler than me, even the ones that aren't)

I am going to keep all names and associations private, cause that's just plan nice.

Except this one, because it's written somewhere that sisters have to tease brothers.

This was eight years ago, so Budder-boy was around three, making me a charming and beautiful 18 ish.


I was driving home from picking Mr. Little up at his cousins house. As we drove I tried to make pleasant, fun conversation with him, the topic of choice not being about Spiderman, but of the return visit of my sister from her Nanny gig up in Boise Idaho. We talked about her taking care of the family of four boys, and what we were going to make her do when she finally got home.

Budder paused for a moment looking out the window and pondering in the way only three-ish year olds can. Finally stating, very convincingly, that:


When I grow up, I'm going to move to Girlsy, and babysit girls.

And you know what, it makes total sense. I hope he does some day.

5 comments:

Irish Roxs said...

You are such a little liar!! Budder was 4 when I moved out, and it was mom who told me that story! Still the cutest thing ever, but then again, he is our Baby Budder. Whose 12 now!!! Wow. Anyway keep up the blogging!

Anonymous said...

Mom may have told you that story, but it was ME he told it to. so :P and I said THREE-ISH!!!

kristenR said...

I like your idea of "littles" said... it's fun to share those little stories. Especially if they are embarrassing for OTHER people!!!

Anonymous said...

I have a great "little" comment from the blog owner. I can't remember exactly how old she was, but she was "little".

One day she was apparently pondering the wonders of the television and told me this nugget of wisdom.

"A bigger TV doesn't show you more of the room, It's just bigger." :)

It took me a few seconds to figure out what she meant, but I thought that was a pretty deep thought for her age.

A bigger window allows you to see more of the surroundings, why shouldn't a bigger TV? ;)

-Jeff

Anonymous said...

You know it totally should though. Sadly it doesn't, and little me knew it!

I bet you have a lot of little wisdom uncle Jeffy. I actually have a few more that was said to you and then you passed it on to me.

Thanks!